Prototype 3-litre Rocket

Posted: July 18, 2011 in Uncategorized

I made this mock up of the Clovie 2 to test different methods for the joining of multiple bottles.

 

I did a dry run with compressed air inside once the glue was cured and the top joint gave way, shooting the top bottle straight up into the ceiling making a rather nasty dent, and scaring the shit out of the cat.

So the jointing method I’m going with is to use a section of a fourth bottle fitted inside the the joint as an O-ring, so the top and bottom bottles will be attached to it instead of each other. This should give a much larger area for the glue, thus a much stronger joint.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s